Cerebral palsy - help at school
- I will have a EHC plan which explains in detail what I need in order to learn and access the environment at school.
- I sometimes have difficulties speaking and may use a voice output communication aid (VOCA).
- I might have difficulties eating and may have an eating programme devised by my speech and language therapist.
- As I may need regular hospital appointments and operations I can miss quite a lot of school.
- I might have difficulty judging how near or far I am away from things.
- I often find activities like copying from the board difficult as it requires a lot of skills that I find very difficult; looking and focusing on an item, remembering it, looking back to the page to see where I should write it etc.
- It is often easier for me to copy from a piece of paper right next to me, and having larger print really helps.
- Please don’t let my physical limitations stop me from communicating what I know and understand!