Asthma - help at school
- Please make sure I take my asthma medicine properly, and that I use my inhalers correctly, so that every dose I take gives me the most benefit.
- If possible let me take my medication in the school office at set times, or if I need it, during activities.
- Help me feel comfortable doing this by letting me do this discretely.
- Make sure that my medication is stored in the school office, and that my parents / carers are told when it is getting low.
- Make sure that I bring my asthma medication with me on school trips.
- Please check my medical treatment plan so that you know what triggers my asthma.
- Things like physical activity, changes in the weather, dust and pollen can all trigger my asthma.
- Speak regularly to my parents / carers about my asthma.
- Let the support staff in the class and at break times know about my asthma.
- Remind me if I am over doing it during physical activity or if you see me getting short of breath.
- Let me take things slow when I return to school after being off with asthma or related conditions and check me more frequently.
- As I get older let me take a more responsible role in managing my asthma while at school.
It makes a huge difference for me to know that there is an adult at my school who knows all about my condition and who i can talk to if i am worried or unwell