Self-harm - help at school
Don't judge me
- Your first response to knowing I self-harm is very important.
- Please do not judge me negatively and try to understand.
- Please stay calm and help me deal with the immediate situation.
Try to understand
- Try to understand my feelings of distress even if they appear minor to you.
- Help me feel I have some control by asking me what I would like to happen and what I might need.
It makes a huge difference for me to know that there is an adult at my school who knows all about my condition and who I can talk to if I am worried or unwell.