Help at school
It makes a huge difference for me to know that there is an adult at my school who knows all about my condition and who I can talk to if I am worried or unwell.
- Let me know that you are aware that I am feeling down - but do it in a subtle way.
Don't ignore me
- Though I may present as withdrawn or not interested, do not ignore me.
- I may find it harder than usual to participate in lessons, but if I can I will.
Help me with my work
- Help me catch up on work that I may have missed due to absence, or if I find it hard to focus on classwork or homework.
- If you can give me some extra time after class I may be able to take advantage of this and catch up.
Don't give up
- Please keep trying to help me even if I appear not to care.
- I can't help this but when I can take up your offer of help I will, and I will be grateful that you did not give up on me!